In light of the coronavirus pandemic, Guelph is stepping up. Many people have offered to help each other get through this coronavirus. This website brings together all such community-driven people-powered initiatives in one place. On this page, you will find links and other information for making Personal Protective Equipment for yourself and for frontline workers. Please share this website widely.
OUR FRONTLINE WORKERS NEED YOUR HELP
And here is how you can pitch in:
Make masks for Guelph General Hospital
The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital is issuing a challenge to all sewers to collectively make masks for GGH! Click here for mask patterns, materials, FAQs and instructions on where to drop off completed masks. Watch video instructions below
Donate PPE to frontline workers
There is a global shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) used by frontline workers. Here is how you can help:
- Donate face masks and shields to Guelph General Hospital
- Donate bottled hand sanitizer to Guelph General Hospital
Make face shields, gowns, scrubs and other essentials for frontline workers
Surgical caps, face masks, face shields, gowns, headbands, and other equipment: how to make them, who needs then and how to get it to them
This resource was developed by Guelph Makers Covid-19 Response group for sharing designs of medical equipment that may become necessary in the Guelph and area response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Facebook groups to connect with others making PPE for frontline workers
- Guelph Covid19 Surgical Cap Sewists – The purpose of this group is to facilitate communication to Guelph’s sewing volunteers in one place.
- Makers Making Masks – for FREE – A group to share questions, resources, patterns, questions, and information about making fabric masks.
- CAMBRIDGE MASK MAKERS – Cambridge Memorial Hospital has engaged the community to make masks for low-acuity uses and the community has responded
- The Sewing Army (across North America) – An army of big hearted sewers who will help our medical professionals by providing essentials such as face masks, surgical caps, hospital gowns or other items as needed.
- Preparedness Facemask Sewing Group (across North America)- Make cloth face masks for your family and to donate.
- Guelph Makers Covid-19 Response – This group is a place for organizing makers and sharing designs for medical equipment that may become necessary in the Guelph and area response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- How to make a DIY mask in 15 minutes, from community member Stef
This website is built in public interest by Abhi with support from Natalie. Not affiliated with City of Guelph or University of Guelph or any other entities. Information on this website may not be accurate or up-to date. Use with discretion. All rights reserved.
For questions or concerns, please email me akantamn (at) uoguelph.ca
3,337 total views